Tuesday, February 22, 2005

BC-Villanova preview

While others will point to the UConn or UCLA game, I think the turning point of the season was BC’s 67-66 win over Villanova. Now, coming off an emotional win, the team’s face off again Wednesday in Philadelphia. Here is my take:


  • BC on Offense: Last time out, 'Nova focused on Smith and Dudley took advantage by scoring a career-high 36. This time I expect them to focus on both – maybe even shadow Dudley and challenge the rest of the team to beat them. Dudley and Smith will get their points. Can their teammates pick up the slack, if needed?


  • BC on Defense: Instead of tanking after the tough BC loss, Villanova bounced back and comes into the game hot. I expect them to try to shoot us out of the building and push the tempo with their athletic guards. BC has done a good job with their man defense and the guys work well on switches. I think they stay with man to try to keep Nova’s guards from getting too many clean looks from outside.


    Prediction: While this seams like another likely stumbling block I still like our chances. Final score: 60-54.

  • No comments: