Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday roundup

BC finished strong in the NCAA's first APR study. However, there are so many loopholes and bad math supporting the study that I don't think our results will mean much in the future. Regardless of who is counting and how they are counting, I hope BC continues to place a high level of importance on graduating its athletes.


The Hockey team's recent sputter continued last night. Hopefully they will regroup before the postseason.


Here is a nice article on Flutie. I wish more former BC athletes were as involved with the school as Doug.


Towards the end of this article the writer says Smith might be the best basketball player in the history of BC. Craig has been great but I still think he is behind a few others like Bell and Barros.


Towards the end of this notebook, Al credits his new record on his players and longevity. I think he deserves the lion's share of credit and will follow up with more on that this weekend.

No comments: