Thursday, April 06, 2006

Next stop on the hockey bandwagon: Atlanta

I like hockey. I am proud of BC’s hockey team. I went to plenty of games and the Beanpot every year while at BC. Senior year the slider on my mod was shattered twice due to hockey-related incidents (stories for another time). All that said, I haven’t watched a single BC hockey game this year. My excuse is that I live in Atlanta and have little to no chance to see the team on TV or in person. I follow the updates on bceagles.com and in the Boston papers. I know the key players on the team. I don’t know anything about North Dakota. I am hardly invested in the Frozen Four. But it is not just me. There are thousands of BC alums outside of New England who like hockey but just don’t keep up. Well today is our day! BC faces off against North Dakota at 3 PM EST in the first game of the Frozen Four. If you can’t watch it at home on ESPN, you can follow it online at bceagles.com. I can’t fake the emotional investment, but I can get excited about this game. Let’s go Eagles!


**If we win, I’ll try to get a good guest hockey blogger for Friday.

No comments: