Friday, August 04, 2006

OT: my wife's perfect analogy

Rhett Bomar would have pocketed an Everlasting Gobstopper.



My wife is a very smart woman. Initially not a college football fan she has been sucked in and now knows more than 95% of the women out there…often just because she is my primary sounding board. With the Rhett Bomar thing, I was reminded of one of her great analogies regarding college football and keeping the vultures away from your “student athletes.”


“It’s like Slugworth,” she explained, referencing the creepy villain from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. “If you’re a coach you have to assume that there is some shady character around every corner waiting to get to your guy. Fair or not, the coach has to police his kids.”



While BC has had its share of gambling scandals, we’re fortunate that we’ve never run into a major booster corruption problem. I feel for the Oklahoma fans right now. It would suck to start your season this way.

No comments: