Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Maine malaise

Sorry for the light posting this week. Saturday left a bitter taste in my mouth and I’ve also been feeling under the weather. Plus there is not much to report or comment on. This game is truly filler. The only way it will ever get discussed beyond this week is if Maine upsets us. If that happens -- look out. I think you would see the whole tone of the majority of fans change. BUT, I don’t expect us to lose this week.


Take a look at Maine’s last two games against DIA opponents. First their monumental upset of Mississippi State.


How did it happen? Maine played tough and caught a lot of breaks (box score | recap). First Mississippi State turned the ball over three times. The game really turned in the second quarter when the Black Bears stalled three Bulldog drives in Maine territory and the Bulldogs came away with no points. So down only 7-0 at the Half, they felt they had a chance. Maine’s punter also had a great day.


In Maine’s most recent game against DIA team, they gave Nebraska a scare.

How did it happen? Maine forced the Huskers into five turnovers (box score). That was the only thing that really kept the game close through three quarters (recap). Nebraska pulled away late.


I expect BC to win. I’ll have my preview Thursday.

No comments: