Saturday, December 23, 2006

KOd at KU

Pooring showing in the first half. The second half was slightly better, but nothing to get excited about. The turnovers concern me as well as the trouble we had with their size. But most alarming was how we struggled against the 2-3 zone. Dudley and Smith so perfected their two man game against a 2-3 that we rarely ever saw it. We need Spears to watch some of those tapes so he can learn how to react and benifit from Dudley's hard work on the baseline. The team needs to put this game behind them and come out strong during ACC play.

3 comments:

Angry Eagle said...

That game was embarrassing. The switch to the zone is going to be the blueprint for everyone BC faces until Rice and Marshall start hitting the 3 consistently.

sammie said...

I wouldn't necessarily call it embarrassing, but it was not a good showing. they do have injury problems. I continue my questioning of the "used car salesman" Gene. In Kansas, after exams, after playing one game in 13 days????? You were expecting a crisp performance? TOB would have been complaining about that game for months. Skinner just plays them as they are given to him.

By the way, how is our crack football staff coming?

The more I look at Jags press conference picture, the more I think about the eyes of this deer looking into my headlights, just before I hit him on the Maine Turnpike a few years ago.

Sammie

joe_bags said...

hey, I've been reading the blog for months this season, and I just want to tell you that I think you do a great job. We went to BC around the same time, and we're both on the same page.

I thought I'd leave you with those great lines from and infamous TOB video...

"tell me your life's been way off line
you've fallen to pieces everytime
and i don't need no care and alllll,
cause you had a bad day..."

we're gonna be alright